What is Plus Size to You?
Much has been said about the term plus size, with a few celebrities taking offense to being labeled as such. As Amy Schumer said, in reaction to her inclusion in Glamour magazines plus size big size shop bonus issue, “we are done with this unnecessary labels which seem to be reserved for women.”
How you perceive the term plus size, overweight fashion or BBW out size clothes, however, can be subjective and greatly depend on your outlook in life. Instead of looking at it on a negative perspective, why not celebrate it the same way that the California Plus America beauty pageant did?
A Woman is a Woman
After all, regardless of her size. And she is beautiful no matter what. Of course, if you need a bit of empowerment, the right large size plus size dresses will do the trick.
But as some ladies clothes shops realize when shopping, finding plus size fashion tops or trendy cute plus size clothing remains difficult. Most local malls don’t carry above a size 16. For the most part, however, you’ll be lucky if you find one shop that carries your taste and size.
The good news is there is a plus size boutique online that carries a wide range of plus size women clothing. Through these online shops, getting into the plus size fashion trends would be easier to pull off.
Being fashionable, however, requires a bit of knowledge about what to wear, colors and patterns to choose from, and when where to wear them. So check out great sources for plus size beauty tips and plus size clothing tips for large size women for great ideas. A little help can make a huge difference in your choice of plus size women clothing.
- Plus Size For Less is where models look for advice when preparing for a go see, model search or getting signed with an agency. This company has promoted plus size models on social media which exposed amateur models to become professionals. So take it from plus size models
- The FashionMeCurvy is a video plus size fashion blog with fashion tips styles and news. Although the primary focus is to inspire women to accept their size, it also gives advice about plus size fashion.
- Full Figured Fashion Week is not a shopplus publication. It’s a one-week event where plus size dresses and trendy plus size clothing take center stage. An opportunity to watch the fashion show or read documentary and blogs, would help improve your choice of plus size clothing, and how to mix and match different pieces to create a beautiful ensemble.
Learned a few tricks or two from these sources? Here are other tips you can add to your list
- Pick plus size dresses based on your body type. Do you have a standard, curvy, top heavy, apple or pear shape? When you buy clothes based on body type, weight should not matter a bit. Remember to choose items that highlight your best assets. If you have an hourglass figure, for example, look for trendy plus size clothing that show off all those curves. Tailored plus size tops are ideal for a classic and powerful outfit.
- Choose the right fabric and color. When shopping at plus size boutique, choose fabrics that are lightweight or medium in white, and avoid those that will cling to your body. When it comes to color, darker rich colored clothes have a slimming and sophisticated effect.